Saturday, October 9, 2010

12 Weeks PP...



That my friends is over 700 ounces of liquid gold. I can't give you an exact total because for the first month, July-August I didn't write down how much I was freezing. My total from September through today is 694.5 ounces. Today I have reached the milestone of twelve weeks post-partum. That's the magical time when your hormones are recovering from the rollercoaster that is pregnancy and when your body is establishing the right milk supply to feed your baby. That's the time when it is so important to pump every 2-3 hours when you are exclusively pumping to ensure you'll have enough to continue for at least a year. I was basically successful at pumping around the clock every 2 hours since about a week after Little Dude was born. The last few weeks I've slowly been working towards pumping every 3 hours. I'm not quite there yet but it's incredible how much more time it feels like I have by pumping every 2 1/2 vs every 2 hours. Every 3 hours is going to feel like nothing!! It's incredible to look at my chunky little man with the cankles, sausage fingers and toes and know that he's filled out and so healthy by eating only something that I am providing for him. It blows my mind. It's been difficult at times during the last twelve weeks to pump while I wanted to be out shopping, or to wake up even though the baby's been sleeping through the night. I've done it though and it's more than worth it. Nine months to go.

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed!!!!! You are so dedicated to it! I'm not sure I could've woken myself up if my baby was sleeping through the night (which mine still isnt LOL).

    I still really haven't figured out the whole pumping thing. I think it's because I'm not consistent with it (trying to get 1 bottle a week); because trying to get that 1 bottle takes me pumping like 3 times for 10 minutes each. You are a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a freakin' rockstar!! I only hope to be as detirmed as you when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap!!! That is super impressive! You basically have enough for like 3 weeks! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Borden's got nothin' on you! You are the super-producer! :)

    ReplyDelete