This is my first time participating in ICLW and I'm loving it. I just noticed most people do a summary and I didn't post one yesterday so I thought I'd post one today.
I'm 26 years old and my DH and I will have been married for 4 years in December. We met in May and got married in December so it was quite a whirlwind romance. I was ready to start TTC about 6 months after we were married. He wasn't. We actually started about a year and a half after we were married. I had problems with my period after throwing out the birth control pills so we sought help immediately. We tried for about 6 months with Clomid and my OB. Still no ovulation. Referred to an RE who dx me PCOS. Started Clomid-IUI cycles. Success on cycle #1!! We lost the baby around 9 weeks though. Tried more Clomid-IUI cycles to no avail. Moved onto injectable-IUI cycles, still no success. First IVF May '09 was successful!! Lost the baby at 9 weeks. Both losses were chromosomally normal. After loss #2 we did karyotyping on ourselves, normal. Clotting bloodwork on me normal. Possible hypothyroid. We're doing our 2nd IVF in October. Adding Metformin, Synthroid, and Lovenox to this protocol. Hoping this is what will bring us the baby we so desperately seek!!
Thanks for visiting!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit ! I am sorry that you have had such a rough journey thus far.
ReplyDeleteSending you some prayers and positive vibes !
~ICLW
Nice to meet you! I hope this next IVF cycle gives you a BFP and a wonderful pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteI am sending you my prayers.
ICLW
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteWhat a journey you have been on - I so hope this next IVF cycle will bring a wonderful, full term pregnancy.
All the best for your upcoming IVF. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses... so painful!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for popping by my blog the other day!
ICLW
Thank you so much for your thoughtful ICLW comments in my journal. It's really nice to know that people who've been there and done that really do get it. It looks like we will be stimming around the same time. We are hoping for a Halloweenish retrieval.
ReplyDeleteI just read your posts and while your diagnosis isn't the same as mine exactly there are some similarities. While I’ve never actually gotten pregnant, I can’t imagine going through what you’ve had to endure. My heart goes out to you.
If you’ve read my posts you know that I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis. We saw a local RE who left us feeling depressed and hopeless about the situation, so I started doing my own research. I started reading about the connection between endo and the immune system—2/3 of women with endo have immune system problems as well—and that got me wondering about whether I had something going on with my immune system that was causing implantation failure. DH and decided that we had to get this checked out BEFORE pursing IVF. We hit a brick wall with our RE, who “doesn’t believe in those things”—she’s now our former RE, BTW. We got a second opinion from Dr. Sher in Las Vegas who has really pioneered researching the connection between the immune system and recurrent pregnancy losses/implantation failure. Did you have all your clotting blood tests done at a specialized reproductive immunology lab? I didn’t realize this, but apparently there are only a few in the country that perform tests that are sensitive enough to yield correct results. Also, did you have a natural killer assay done too? That might shed some light on what may be going on. Those can be treated with intralipids. I was diagnosed with abnormal antiphosholipid antibodies, but normal natural killer cells, although my particular APA can cause elevated NK cells once implantation occurs. I’m going to be treated with lovenox from the time I start stims and intralipids about 10 days before transfer.
I hope I didn’t overstep my bounds with all of the above information. You might already know as much as I do about this, but I’ve found that I had to educate myself on all of this. My former RE certainly never would have mentioned it, although I’m sure she’d keep taking my money. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
ICLW really is great. This is my second month and I love it. I am so glad you stopped by and said hello. I am sorry to hear about both of your losses. I can't even imagine how hard that would be, and to lose them both at 9 weeks. I pray that this next cycle results in a happy, healthy baby 9 months later. Best wishes.
ReplyDelete*Hugs*
Hi, Kari. Sounds like you've had a rough road. I hope that things begin to go your way. Right about....now!
ReplyDelete*ICLW*
I'm sending you some extra hope for October. Losing two babies is the hardest thing in the world and I wish you the best of luck on your next one!
ReplyDelete-ICLW
I'm so sorry for your losses. I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming IVF cycle. I really hope that this one turns into a happy, healthy 9 months!
ReplyDeletei'm a first time ICLWer as well. Sounds promising that this cycle includes some new drugs. I hope that makes all the difference for you!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your losses. I'm keeping both fingers and toes crossed that this is the IVF that will bring you a healthy baby. I'm about to start my first protocol in October too and will be following you on your journey :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
Wishing the best for you in this next cycle. I love ICLW too, we get to meet so many awesome people! Thanks for stopping by. - ICLW
ReplyDeleteWow! You have been through a ton. Hoping next cycle brings you a sticky bean. ICLW
ReplyDeleteICLW is awesome :)
ReplyDeleteI wish you boatloads of luck on your upcoming cycle!!
Wishing you the best!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to ICLW! What a lot to go through - it sounds to me like you've got a great new protocol - I wish you much success with IVF #2!! - Tkeys *ICLW*
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! It's nice to "meet" you! I'm sorry for your losses. Loss sucks so very much, to quote one my readers. I was in a very dark place for awhile. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My due date is 12/24, so maybe it's the Christmas star? ;) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI also have PCOS, so I feel for you. I've been told that Metformin works wonders for preventing miscarriages, so I pray that your new protocol will be just what you need to work! Good luck!
ReplyDelete~ICLW~
I really hope this upcoming cycle is the one for you! Wishing you lots of luck! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog and best of luck for your upcoming IVF!
ReplyDeleteICLW
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am looking forward to following along as you start your next IVF cycle.
ReplyDelete