Monday, October 24, 2011

Breaking the Silence...

I have literally started this post 8 times in the last 3 weeks. I have wanted so badly to get back to Blogworld and sort some things out, or at least get them off my chest, but life has been flying by at breakneck speed. We moved this month and between putting our house on the market in August, showing it, finding our new house, selling our old house, buying our new house, packing, moving, and now unpacking I've been too tired to write at the end of the day. I haven't been too tired to think though and its been keeping me up lately.

LD is doing great!! He went from toddling to running in the blink of an eye. I can barely keep up with him. Even on days he doesn't nap he's like the Energizer bunny. He keeps going, and going, and going... He's not much for intelligible words yet. He doesn't say Mama and Dada directed towards us. He says them in his rambling but it doesn't exactly seem as though he's talking to us. He does however call the cats cat and know who he's talking to. And dogs are afforded similar respect. He called the deer who strolled through our new backyard a dog too, but since until now he's been a city kid I cut him some slack. He love, love, loves being around other kids. I suppose hanging out with your mom 24/7 even as a toddler isn't exactly the most desirable position. Poor guy. His uncle came to help us move and marvelled at how extroverted he is. He couldn't believe someone so extroverted could come from two complete introverts like his parents. I truly hope he stays as extroverted as he is. LDs latest discovery is a banshee shriek. Its toe curling. And ear splitting. I try so hard not to give in and give him his way when he busts out the banshee but sometimes I break down. I may need Supernanny and he's only 15 months. *sigh* We have our next doctors appointment Thursday and I'm not looking forward to it. We were supposed to bring him in for a weight check at 14 months but all the moving stuff didn't leave much time, we did weigh him at home to make sure he was gaining weight though. He was still only drinking breastmilk until about a month ago but now he's doing a 50/50 mix with cows milk. I can't believe I still have a frozen stash but I do. We have 2 shots to do and Daddy can't take anymore time off after the move so I will be going it alone.

I've been thinking a lot lately about #2. I got some not so great news from my endocrinologist that I do indeed have PCOS. I suspected I did, but having it confirmed hit me sort of hard. I haven't had a visit from Aunt Flo since finishing the BCPs for my IVF cycle for LD and I'm 4 months post nursing so I knew it wasn't looking good for my diagnosis. He wants me to start BCP if I haven't had a cycle in 2 months. *sigh* He also told me that my hormonal imbalance will make it impossible for me to carry a pregnancy. That comment pierced my heart. DH says we have already proved that wrong since LD is here, but I'm not so sure. What if things are worse now than they were before? I planned to do everything exactly the same as the cycle that resulted in LD. The Metformin, the estrace, the progesterone, the Lovenox, the extra folic acid, the synthroid, the extra b vitamins, the baby aspirin, the heparin...it makes my head spin. I started Metformin last night. We aren't getting back in the saddle yet. I leave DH home with LD for an afternoon and return to a lecture about how if I want a #2 its best not to leave him alone with a strong willed toddler. *sigh* I'm hoping he gets on board sooner, rather than later. My crappy eggs are just getting crappier and I really want LD to have a sibling. Or at least to be able to tell him someday that I did all I could and gave it my all if he asks why he's an only. But I do want to say I'm an only and am so damn glad for that, so not all onlies are bereft about being so. Anyway that's what has been going on in my little corner of the world. I promise to post more often, and I really, really promise to make them much more interesting. And next post I promise to include Halloween costume pictures. I'm on my tablet and can't get them to post right now.

10 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you!! Sounds like life has been busy, which is expected with a little one.

    I can't believe your dr said having PCOS would make it impossible for you to carry. That is rediculous! There's lots of us PCOSers out there that has proven it IS possible.

    I've been thinking about #2 lately too, but I pray that I will fall into the category of people that once they have one, their body 'clicks' and everything starts working normal. (A girl can wish right??).

    Can't wait to see more updates and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm so glad you're back! It was great to get an update on LD! When I look at the pic of that tiny guy on your lap, I can't believe he's a running little boy! I hope the move went smoothly and you guys are all settled.

    Have you gotten a 2nd opinion from another RE? You successfully carried a pregnancy once, it seems like that should be a good sign! We've been trying for #2, and we have an FET on Wednesday. It's funny, I thought it would be easier this time, and in some ways it is. But it's still emotionally crushing getting that BFN, and I still want a baby just as much as I did the first time around, even though I'm totally happy with my baby girl. It's a weird mix of emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First and foremost, welcome back! :) So glad to hear that you're all well.

    I wrote some of the same senitments you did about TTC#2 just yesterday. Isn't it an incredible roller coaster? I can't say that it's as difficult in some ways as the first time around...but it's more difficult in other ways. Decisions, decisions, decisions...and even more decisions when the decisions that you *thought* you'd be making are taken out of your hand by your own rebellious body. Grrrr! I completely understand and you're all in my prayers. :)

    Hope we continue to hear from you. I'd love to see LD running through the house. If he's anything like P, I bet he's a sight to behold! :D

    Hugs to you! Hang in there, Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get it, you want the chance to say you at least tried. ((hugs)) on all fronts.
    And you could absolutely conceive having PCOS, thyroid disorder and everything else. It just takes more work. Ha. And as IF'ers, we are used to the work, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many hugs to you! You've had quite the eventful fall with moving and all. I commend you on keeping it together.

    I am sure that DH will get it together and agree. Is he an only child? Hmmm...I am already thinking about #2 even though A is only 5 weeks, simply for the sibling thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you! Sounds like life has kept you very, very busy. So sorry to hear about the PCOS. Hope you prove those doctors wrong again =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for the post! i've missed your blog! how stressfull with the move and everything. not many words around here either. just dadda and "ack" which i know is a "tractor" but i doubt anyone else would. would love to hear more on why you were supposed to to go for a weight check at 14 mon. we are in battles over weight here. big time.

    good luck with baby #2. praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a lot of changes. We will probably be doing a big move soon too.

    I'm glad LD is doing well! C is the same way with mama and dada. I know she knows that we are mama and dada but she never says it to us or to get our attention. Weird.

    I know how much you guys went through to get LD and with your knowledge I sincerely hope it is easier this time. I believe it can work. Once you hijack your hormones with all the drugs I don't see why your body can't do the same thing again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've been a busy, busy woman :) So good to hear from you, and that all is well in your corner of the world.

    Also glad to hear you're a happy "only", since Bubba will most likely be our only :)

    Peeked at your second post with the pic, how adorable is LD? Seriously CUTENESS!! And holy moly, has it been two years!? We were cycle sisters back then, but it took me a little longer to get Bubba here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are also getting ready to TTC #2 and it is just...draining...to think about getting back on the IF TTC rollercoaster.

    Congrats on surviving the move! We were considering moving and ultimately decided to stay put for 3-4 more years, but the thought of trying to keep a house ready to show with a toddler, and trying to pack with one under foot, was daunting.

    ReplyDelete