LD is doing awesome!! He is all over the place and I can barely keep up with him these days. DH was gone for two weeks and since he's been back he's amazed by just how mobile Little Dude has become. His new form of locomotion is a cross between and army crawl and just plain dragging himself across our wood floors. The upper body strength he has is incredible. It takes mere seconds for him to be across the room. He's quite tenacious. Once he has his eye on something look out. If you pick him up and take him away from it he'll be right back after whatever it is seconds later. He has his two front bottom teeth and his toothy little grin is a heart melter. Last week he mastered sitting himself up. He's quite steady but easily distractable which ends with him losing his balance and bonking his head on the wood floors. :( He gets up on all fours in a crawling position and rocks back and forth and his legs move in a crawling motion but his hands just haven't quite caught on to the program. He goes backwards much more often than forwards. Solids have been going well. We were hoping to do baby led weaning, but early on in the program LD showed much more interest in being spoonfed so we do a combination of both. I wish I had time to make the food myself but between pumping and keeping up with LD I just don't. We're using Plum Organics, Sprout, and Ella's Kitchen instead. He's loving all the combinations, even the ones the rest of us question. He and I are preparing for our first solo trip. He's done quite well with our travel so far so I'm not too concerned about him. I'm more concerned about lugging all of the stuff that goes along with traveling with a baby by myself. It will be quite a sight to see I'm sure. Luckily we're going to the Grandparent's house and they've generously offered to pick up most of the day to day things we'll be needing for our 2 week visit to help lighten my packing load. During that trip we'll be doing a spinoff trip with Grandpa to visit LD's last set of Great Grandparents he hasn't met yet. This is his only Great Grandpa, but he has 4 Great Grandmas. They live in Vegas so this boy will not only have visited Disneyworld before his first birthday, but adult Disneyworld as well!! However I think we'll steer clear of the casinos.
Time is really flying by. It doesn't help that I'm so busy that I don't think 3 of me could keep up.
So cute! Sounds like things are going really well. My DH will be gone this whole next week, so I can relate to that. It's a whole different ball game without having his help!
ReplyDeleteI also attempted to make some baby food. It turned out like crap, so I gave up! :(.
Good luck with the traveling! I don't think I could do it!
Love the bib, LD is cuter than ever :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update on the cutie pie!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand the not having enough time to blog! Colton's got the same almost crawl going on right now too...we're calling it the inchworm. ;)
ReplyDeleteAwwww...what a cutie! Thanks for the update. I totally understand about the blog ideas. I have lots of ideas but limited time. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip!
He's so beautiful! You'll have to get a video of him and his new crawling technique! :)
ReplyDelete