Friday, December 17, 2010

Five Fast Months...

Dear LD,
Today is your five month birthday. I can't believe it's been five months already!! You have grown and changed so much in five months. You aren't the little peanut we brought home from the hospital anymore. You're rolling over on your own both from your tummy and your back. You scoot everywhere!! When Mommy or Daddy put you down we can't take our eyes off you for a minute because you'll end up across the room!! You're a busy little guy and you have places to be. You love, love, love your Fisher Price Jungle Friends Rainforest playmat. You also love your Sophie the Giraffe teething toy. You get a little frustrated when she doesn't fit nicely in your mouth when you try her body or neck instead of her legs and feet though. You have a new love of paper as well. You like to grab Mommy's papers and rip them apart and then stuff them in your mouth. Again you get frustrated when Mommy doesn't let you have the paper. You have my temper for sure, which I suppose is the karma of the universe. You've been on two airplane trips already, you're racking up frequent flyer miles. The first was to Omaha to visit your grandparents and meet your great-grandmas. The second was to your other grandpa's house for Thanksgiving. You saw your first snowfall while we were in Colorado. You do really well on the airplane and you love airports. You love to watch people, whether we're at the airport or the store you enjoy people watching. You love to be carried in the carrier by Mommy or Daddy much more than you enjoy the stroller. You'll nap in there between your people watching sessions. You and Mommy went to a class at a local baby gym but you weren't too thrilled with it. The other babies were all a little older than you and when they'd come near you they scared you. You liked their Mommies, Daddies, and grandparents though. We're going to work on making you more comfortable around other babies. You always have a lot to say and you'll talk up a storm to anyone who will listen. You always have smiles for Mommy and Daddy. You're quickly growing out of your 6 month clothes. You're still sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room and if Mommy has anything to say about it you will continue for a while. Mommy's gone a little crazy for Christmas and you'll soon have a lot of presents under the tree. Good thing you love to tear paper!! :) Little Dude your Daddy and I love you tons and we're so thankful you're finally here!!

Love,
Mommy

6 comments:

  1. Shoot! Wrote this whole long comment and it erased. I cannot believe that LD is 5 months old. But then again, I can't belive that Kaitlin is nearly 5 months old either. It blows my mind, it really does. Soon we will have babies that are nearly 1/2 year old and I cannot fathom it.

    So on the getting together front, I think the crud has made it's exit! I'll email you, but lets try to get together the week between Christmas and New Years if that works for you!

    Lastly, um, I LOVE that quilt LD is laying on. In fact, I've been looking for something like that for a long time. Please tell me that you bought it somewhere and it wasn't hand-made by a family member :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at how tall/long he got! My goodness he has grown!! Lovely letter to your little angel, Kari!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is getting sooo big! and he is really cute! i love that quilt...it is soooo colorful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Five Months, baby boy! He's grown so much! I love the colorful blanket he's lying on.

    ReplyDelete