I have a confession to make. DH and I are swingers. No...not
that kind of swingers. We've gotten into the habit of utilizing the swing to buy ourselves a few extra seconds, minutes, hours, whatever sleep we can get in the morning. LD does awesome sleeping through the night mostly, but he thinks that sometime between 6am-7am is time to start the day. My current pumping schedule is 9am, 1pm, 5pm, 9pm, 1am, 5am for 45 minutes so I'm not quite ready to get up at 6 or 7 in the morning. I could use just a little more sleep. So I drag the swing from the living room to the bedroom and plop my little munchkin in it. He usually chatters away for a few minutes and then drifts off to sleep. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's not ideal to let them sleep in the swing like that, but in my sleepy haze I just want a little more sleep. On the weekends when DH is home he's started to do the same thing since I told him how well it works. When I started doing it I kept telling myself I would only do it one more time...but now it's an almost daily thing. Ugh. I'm a bad Mommy. I had to tattle on myself because maybe it will help me break my dirty swinging habit. I'm just always.so.tired. Yeah I know, that's how life is with a baby, but baby sleeps through the night. It's me who doesn't get to. I think the dark circles under my eyes are permanent now. So I found a tiny bit of relief in the swing, but LD is growing so quickly that the swing will soon be retired and I'll be left searching for an alternate assistant.
LD met Santa today. He didn't seem to care much but I was glad we took him and we have a picture to prove it. DH keeps reminding me that he won't remember his first Christmas. I know that. But I think I am trying to make sure that the things I wish my parents would have done with/for me when I was young I do for LD and have documented proof I did them. Luckily the Santa line wasn't long this afternoon and LD was in a fantastic mood. He wasn't too keen on smiling while some stranger in a red suit with a white beard held him but we did get a tiny sort of smile out of him.
Dude- there is nothing wrong with using the swing to buy a little extra time in the am. Absolutely nothing. We've all done it!!!
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with getting a little extra sleep!
ReplyDeleteI wish it was that easy for me to put my son to sleep but
Its not.. Soo do what you have to do mama!!
L D is so cute!
He looks so healthy and chubby:)
You swinger you! Ha ! I would totally use it, too. babies love it anyway!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics with Santa.
my baby HATES the swing but i have a confession too: i put his jumparoo beside my bed a few times at 5 AM because i was way too tired and cold to get up and play with him so i just talked to him while he jumped. he got tired by 5:45 / 6 and went back to sleep with me in my bed. :)
ReplyDeleteyou gotta do what you gotta do! i always say "ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A FULL NIGHTS SLEEP!" baby is still getting up 2 or 3 times a night. blech!
I see nothing wrong with using the swing! We've all done it!
ReplyDeleteGreat picture with Santa!!!
heeheehee "seinger" that just cracked me up :)
ReplyDeleteI plan to use any ane every trick out there to get as much sleep as possible! :) I'm scary when I'm sleep-deprived. LD is just to cute in Santa's lap! :)
I'm so jealous that you get to be a swinger...lol! Little man isn't a big fan of his swing so I would love to be able to buy some time with it. :)
ReplyDelete